http://margosupcycledfashion.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Humble Beginnings

Hey, guys.  What's up?  This is the beginning of a super cool blog that I will be running and it is going to be awesome, trust me.  So.  What is this blog about, you ask?  Well, this is chronicling my adventure through the Genius Project, a project in which I was given about seven weeks to do basically anything and hone my skills in what I choose.  As you may have guessed, I choose the workout program Insanity.  Yeah, I'll be ripped at the end of these seven weeks.  Maybe I'll even do a before and after picture.  Hmm.  That's something to consider.

Okay so why Insanity?  Well I have a few motivations for choosing this.  When I first heard about this project I immediately knew that I wanted to do something active or physical.  Obviously, Insanity fits this bill. This program is really going to help me in my everyday life because I play many different sports.  Insanity focuses on both the aerobic side of fitness and also the strength side.  Because of that, it will help me in cross country and track through the aerobic training.  It will also help me in soccer and basketball because being a better all-around athlete will make me a better player.  I also want to overall be a healthier person.  While I am not a fitness nut, per say, I enjoy being healthy and feeling good about myself.  Another inspiration of mine is that my uncle is very into fitness and being healthy.  He did Insanity a few months ago and raves about it all the time.  So much so that he even got my Dad to start doing it.  When I see my Dad doing it, I think to myself "Come on, Evan.  If your Dad is doing it then you need to be able to do it yourself."

One thing that is nice about the Insanity program is that it comes with a timeline of when each workout should happen.  I simply need to follow this workout program.  There are workouts six days each week with minimal breaks.  During these seven weeks, I will be working out after school every day while concurrently doing research on the biology of the human body.  I will be exploring how working out affects my body and how muscles are formed.  


Another plus with Insanity is that there is not very much equipment required.  You simply need the discs and an open space to exercise, which of course I have.  Insanity uses exercises that use your own body weight as resistance so no weights are needed.  

The overall goals of this project for me is to become a healthier person overall.  When I work so hard, and suffer so much through the workouts, then I will not want to ruin what I just accomplished by eating a pizza two hours later.  I think it is kind of this natural progression that comes with working out.  If I work out consistently, then my diet and eating habits and sleep cycles will all improve.  Also, from what I have read and heard, Insanity is one of the toughest and most demanding workout regimens out there.  So when I complete it from start to finish, I will learn determination, perseverance, and dedication.  I can then apply those traits to other aspects of my life such as school.

I will be able to measure my progress from Insanity in a logical and organized way.  Insanity provides a fitness test every two weeks and at the very start of the regimen.  In those tests, you are supposed to do different exercises and see how many you can do in one minute.  I will mark these stats down in an organized fashion and then I can see how I progress throughout the weeks.  I expect to see a definitive change in my fitness.

After listening to me ramble about how Insanity is going to profoundly change my life, I hope you will join me for the rest of my journey, the ups and downs, and help me get through the workout regimen.  Keep checking the blog for more information.

Stay with me.


-Evan Kuo

No comments:

Post a Comment